What is CoachingChain.com?
CoachingChain.com is a network of talented, smart people helping each other by coaching each other. Join us as we help each other reach our own goals while finding fulfillment helping others reach their's.
How about ...
- Setting goals. One of the main things a coach will do is help you uncover the desired results that will bring you real fulfillment in life. This is, in fact, the first step of the standard coaching engagement … figuring out what it is you actually want.
- Clarity. A coach will work with the coachee for find the real story around your current and desired state. This clarity is often enough to get the coachee moving toward real goal fulfillment.
- Support. The coach works hard to stay in a supportive, non-judgemental space as they work with their coachee. This allows the coach to remain helpful and the coachee to remain open to productive behavior change.
- Life/Work Balance Integration. Many have a goal for work/life balance, but the reality is that what is more needed is a life/work integration that leads to fulfillment, engagement, and peace in life. The coach/coachee relationship is one that helps to illuminate imbalances and obstacles to a truly fulfilling life.
- Overcoming challenges and difficulties. Life is a challenge and seems to be designed to push our buttons. Working with a coach allows the coachee to maintain the proper perspective needed to thrive in today’s world.
- Expand your thinking. A coach can often help you see areas of opportunity that you might be blind to based on your own experience and frustrations.
- Advice & Consulting. Topic specific consulting from experts in a given field or area of accomplishment when what is needed most is expertise around a specific goal.
- Action oriented relationship. The coach/coachee relationship is about results. Sure, it's also friendly and fun but it's mostly about accomplishing your goals.
- Motivation. The coaching relationship will help you stay motivated through being held accountable to your stated goals and working with somebody who is cheering for your success.
- Honesty. Because your coach isn’t your “bestie” or your enemy, you are more likely to get honest feedback that will actually drive the results you want out of life. This isn’t always comfortable for either the coach or the coachee, but it is often necessary to make real progress.
- Faster results. Having a coach will help you get results much more quickly than you would otherwise. This is mostly because of all of the other benefits raised above but also because you have another person doing some of the thinking right along with you.
The reality is that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US has a talent or expertise in something that somebody else would find valuable and helpful. With chain coaching, you get by giving and create benefit for yourself and others.
Chain vs. Reciprocal Coaching … Reciprocal coaching is when two people agree to coach each other. This can be very effective but also has some real pitfalls. One of the major things that gets in the way of success in reciprocal coaching is that boundaries between your issues becomes very fuzzy. Very often, coaching sessions get turned toward consistently helping one of the individuals over the other or coaching sessions can turn into “chat sessions”, which can be fun … but not at all productive.
Chain coaching eliminates the pitfalls of reciprocal coaching by “chaining” the efforts of many people together. If Tom is looking for help with his weight loss goals, he can ask Rudy (who lost 100 pounds this year) for help. Rudy might be looking to increase his ability to lead a sales organization and ask Amanda (who currently heads a large and successful sales team) for her help. Amanda might need advice on how to prepare for a marathon she would like to run in six months and therefore asks Kate (who qualifies yearly for the Boston marathon) for her help. And on and on and on. The point is, that we all have something we would like to accomplish right now and there is a virtually infinite pool of potential assistance from which we can draw … each other!
Tony Robbins has said … “By working together human beings can accomplish more than they do themselves because we coach each other … the thing that can affect your life the most in terms of your ability to achieve your outcomes, the greatest resource on earth is other human beings.”
The fact is, coaching works for everybody. Many are surprised that even very high-level leaders regularly engage with coaches but the fact is that many report that the coaching they receive is what allows them to be “high-level”. Steve Bennett, former CEO of Intuit has said, “At the end of the day, people who are high achievers—who want to continue to learn and grow and be effective—need coaching.”
CoachingChain.com is a network of engaged, interested, and interesting people who are looking to help each other to greater levels of accomplishment, happiness, and fulfillment. We find great stores of help and enjoyment in being both a coach and a coachee. Are you ready to start living on purpose? Click below to join us ...